Position- Instructional Designer
Open Positions: 01
Experience Required- 5-7 Years
Prospecta was founded in 2002 in Sydney Australia to provide data management and automation software for enterprise customers. Prospecta has evolved to be a leading data management software company within the enterprise technology industry. Our flagship product, MDO (Master Data Online), is an enterprise Master Data Management (MDM) platform that enables data management processes: from the creation of accurate, compliant and useful master data through to data disposal.
We are experiencing rapid growth globally and are expanding our product portfolio with new features, capabilities and industry specific solutions.
Our vision is to help organizations cultivate a data-driven culture where people have trust in their data to perform daily tasks, collaborate, and make decisions. Our recent accolades include recognition by Forrester as a Contender in Master Data Management field. We’re also on Gartner’s Honourable Mentions list.
Supported by a diverse workforce spanning multiple countries, we are now actively recruiting new talents. To know more about us, visit www.prospecta.com
Our head office is in Sydney Australia with regional offices in India, and USA.
About the L&D Team
The Learning and Development Team (L&D) drives Prospecta’s agenda in MDO knowledge acquisition, development, and dissemination. Our main focus is to ensure that our internal teams, partners, and customers are well-equipped with knowledge and skills related to MDO. We believe this is a key element in enabling successful MDO deployment and adoption across organizations which will ultimately support the main goal — forging a data-driven culture.
L&D is a dynamic, innovative (and fun-loving!) team — always game in finding new ways to convey knowledge effectively. We have a mission to redefine learning experiences that transcend conventional methods. Animation, gamification, positive reinforcements, you name it! We incorporate all these and more in our training materials to ensure they’re always fresh, interesting, and engaging.
Part and parcel of L&D involve engagement and interactions with different teams and stakeholders. Apart from ensuring content accuracy and relevancy, we believe this exposure and experience grows us as individuals too. Rest assured we’re not solitary creatures, confined to cubicles. Not the typical L&D you may have in mind!
Do you have what it takes to be part of this team?
We are looking for a professional Instructional Designer to design and develop learning and practicing experiences to appeal to different sections of workforce. The goal is to facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills, and competencies to add value and fulfilment in their professional realm. The ideal candidate would have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
- A minimum of 4 to 5 years of experience interacting with clients/stakeholders and be able to independently design and deliver instructionally sound courses
- Excellent Knowledge in Thinkific, Articulate 360
- Experience with authoring tools such as Infor, Enable Now, Lectora, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, Adobe Creative Suite etc.
- Excellent Training Development and Design Skills using Training documentation tools
- Creating storyboards and developing self-paced training
- Ability to analyse information from a variety of sources and determine what end users need to know
- Ability to understand software driven business processes
- Excellent time management skills
- Deep knowledge of instructional design principals and technologies
- Strong communications skills including exceptional writing ability
- Experience in working independently and remotely with Subject Matter Experts
- Attention to detail
- Strong English communication skills, both written and spoken
As an Instructional Designer reporting to the Head of L&D, your core responsibility will be to Maintain and develop course templates, models, standards, and procedures
- Collaborate with team to use subject matter expert (SME) provided content to design, create, implement, and maintain trainings for a global audience
- Perform needs and task analysis, scope of projects, and evaluate existing documentation to identify the most appropriate training approach and content.
- Independently create storyboards, video scripts, job aids, scenarios, case studies, learning activities, online course content, web applications, infographics, learning assessments, and user guides using various instructional design theories
- Create engaging quizzes, simulations, and assessments based on learning and performance objectives
- Manage complex relationships with global SMEs in an environment with short deadlines and high business impact
- Stay up to date of the latest trends and best practices in the eLearning and instructional design community in order to enhance and expand on training deliverables
- Collaborate with the team to ensure quality standards are met on all projects and support with review to ensure consistency
You will have the opportunity to work with global customers in a variety of industries.
We are an inclusive organisation that respects diversity and is supportive of flexible work practices. The contribution of our people is our greatest asset – we appreciate that and continually strive to provide an environment that encourages autonomy, mastery and purpose.