Position- Sr. DevOps Engineer
Open Positions: 01
Experience Required- 2-5 Years
Prospecta was founded in 2002 in Sydney Australia to provide data management and automation software for enterprise clients. Prospecta has evolved to be a leading data management software company. Prospecta’s flagship product, MDO (Master Data Online), is an enterprise Master Data Management (MDM) platform that enables data management processes: from the creation of accurate, compliant and useful master data through to data disposal.
We are experiencing rapid growth globally and are expanding our product portfolio with new features, capabilities and industry specific solutions. We have a strong process in asset intensive industries such as Energy and Utilities, Oil and Gas, Mining, Infrastructure and Manufacturing.
Our head office is in Sydney Australia with regional offices in India, and the U.S.A.
Our culture is built around growth, as we are all loving this challenge. We have a passionate team that work collaboratively to create value for our customers. Our team are from diverse backgrounds, which makes it an exciting place to work.
We aim to create an environment that prioritizes individual development and is built on a mutual success culture. Both professional and personal development are major factors contributing to an individual’s success. Therefore, we support our employees’ passion, making them feel more engaged and motivated at work and life in general. Career progression looks less like climbing a ladder and more like a continuous flow of exciting, meaningful opportunities that facilitate personal development and technical mastery under the mentorship of great leaders.
We are a growing organization backed by private equity funding that allows us to scale up, and “Human Capital” is fundamental to us. We have flexible working arrangements during these unprecedented times to come to work only for two days, only if you live near a Prospecta Office. We have an interconnected organisational structure with a focus on being agile, responsive, and achieving outcomes.
Our Benefits are a mix of the Industry Benchmark Compensation and the Employee Share Options. The ESOPs are more notable in Prospecta, as there is substantial growth in the coming years. We are all striving and contributing towards the growth of our options.
If you are the one who would want to be part of the growing company and, at times, wear multiple hats and does not resist walking that extra mile to meet the goals, then this is the workplace for you.
We courageously work hard and aim to push the boundaries in everything we do while sharing a sense of fun and celebrating both the small and big wins.
We are looking for AWS Certified DevOps Engineer. Someone who can maintain and assist in managing the entire IT infrastructure. Rack and stack server and storage hardware in the datacentre; perform analysis, diagnostics and problem resolution. Drive resolution of issues identified via application and systems monitoring, as well as assigned tasks and incident tickets. Document processes, automation scripts, and infrastructure assets. Actively engage and assist other departments at Prospecta with technical computing requirements. Participate in the on-call rotation supporting the IT infrastructure.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems on AWS
- Migrating an existing on-premises application to AWS
- Implementing and controlling the flow of data to and from AWS
- Selecting the appropriate AWS service based on computing, data, or security requirements
- Identifying appropriate use of AWS operational best practices
- Estimating AWS usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms
- Managing & Troubleshooting on Linux Based Platforms
Experience & Skills
- 2 – 5 years of hands-on experience operating AWS-based applications
- Should have good experience in DevOps.
- Experience provisioning, operating and maintaining systems running on AWS
- Proven experience in architecting and deploying SaaS applications into cloud (i.e. AWS) environments
- Strong troubleshooting skills like Jboss, Tomcat on Linux Platforms
- Hands-on Experiences on AWS Services like CloudFormation, Code Deploy, Code Pipeline
- Explicit knowledge of Computing, Storage, Networking, and Security technologies in the Amazon AWS hosting environment
- Experience in setting up Cloud Monitoring using CloudWatch or any other tool
- Knowledge of Load Balancers, Firewalls, and network switching components
- Ability to identify and gather requirements to define a solution to be built and operated on AWS
- Capabilities to provide AWS operations and deployment guidance and best practices throughout the lifecycle of a project
- Comfortable being on call 24×7 and supporting Production environments for Tier 2 support
- Strong knowledge of Linux, shell scripts, Apache, Mysql, Development Operations, Configuration management, monitoring, and TCP/IP protocols
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of the basics of scalable SaaS systems /Cloud fundamentals
- Understanding of security best practices
- Ability to work with very little supervision and to work well in a team environment
What will you get?
You will be part of a rapidly growing Australian-based global company. You will be part of a team who are experts in enterprise data management, working in a company that has a 20-year history of delivering valuable client solutions.
You will have the opportunity to take your experience and skillsets to new levels We are an inclusive organisation that respects diversity and is supportive of flexible work practices. The contribution of our people is our greatest asset – we appreciate that and continually strive to provide an environment that encourages autonomy, mastery and purpose.
If you are looking for a fast-paced company with professional growth opportunities and a shared success model, we might be for you.