Position- Development Engineer
Open Positions: 04
Experience Required- Graduate
Prospecta was founded in 2002 in Sydney, Australia, to provide data management and automation software for enterprise clients. Prospecta has evolved to be a leading data management software company. Prospecta’s flagship product, MDO (Master Data Online), is an enterprise Master Data Management (MDM) platform that enables data management processes: creating accurate, compliant, and applicable master data through to data disposal.
We are experiencing rapid growth globally and are expanding our product portfolio with new features, capabilities, and industry-specific solutions. We have a robust process in asset-intensive industries such as Energy and Utilities, Oil and Gas, Mining, Infrastructure and Manufacturing.
Our head office is in Sydney, Australia, with offices in India, North America, Canada and local presence in Europe, UK, and Southeast Asia.
Our culture is built around growth, as we are all loving this challenge. We have a passionate team that work collaboratively to create value for our customers. Our team are from diverse backgrounds, which makes it an exciting place to work.
We aim to create an environment that prioritizes individual development and is built on a mutual success culture. Both professional and personal development are major factors contributing to an individual’s success. Therefore, we support our employees’ passion, making them feel more engaged and motivated at work and life in general. Career progression looks less like climbing a ladder and more like a continuous flow of exciting, meaningful opportunities that facilitate personal development and technical mastery under the mentorship of great leaders.
We are a growing organization backed by private equity funding that allows us to scale up, and “Human Capital” is fundamental to us. We have flexible working arrangements during these unprecedented times to come to work only for two days, only if you live near a Prospecta Office. We have an interconnected organisational structure with a focus on being agile, responsive, and achieving outcomes.
Our Benefits are a mix of the Industry Benchmark Compensation and the Employee Share Options. The ESOPs are more notable in Prospecta, as there is substantial growth in the coming years. We are all striving and contributing towards the growth of our options.
If you are the one who would want to be part of the growing company and, at times, wear multiple hats and does not resist walking that extra mile to meet the goals, then this is the workplace for you.
We courageously work hard and aim to push the boundaries in everything we do while sharing a sense of fun and celebrating both the small and big wins.
We are seeking for an experienced Development Engineer who can be part of our growth journey.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop code from technical specifications received from the Lead/Manager.
- Helping the other team member and mentoring them to meet their timeline.
- Knowledge on BitBucket is preferred.
- Strong hands on experience in in exposing and consuming Web Services (SOAP and REST).
- Interaction with different development teams and Project Directors to design and in some cases implements new initiatives. Candidate must be able to make design recommendations to software projects and participate in application design reviews.
- The Lead will be responsible for analyzing business requirements, designing technical solutions, providing solutions at application, also involve coding, testing, and deploying application releases, which serves global clients.
- Provide technical oversight and governance for system designs created and executed in the development group.
- Interact with the different teams and production Support staff, monitoring teams, development organizations, and other architecture and global engineering teams representing the application teams perspective.
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity of the application as well as ensuring security and compliance to standards.
- The candidate must be self-motivated and aware of new and updated technological advancements in the field of large systems.
- Working with technology teams to improve/refine process.
- Mentoring junior staff and providing technical leadership on large-scale projects.
- Lead initiative to implement new tooling or other software in the development or review of the applications.
- Work closely with the development team, providing mentoring and code/design reviewed as required to ensure adherence to designs, solutions, and standards.
- Perform capacity and performance testing initiatives. Ensure testing is performed properly and review/present results with senior management with recommendations.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Primary: JAVA, J2EE, JQuery, SQL,
- Framework: Spring & Hibernate
- Servers: Wild fly, Tomcat
- Nice to have FULL technology stack , MVC, JBoss, JUnit, Apache/Tomcat, Maven, Servlets
- Backend : JAVA/J2ee, JSP, Rest API services , Spring, Hibernate ,PL SQL.
- Application Server : Wildfly 8-10, Tomcat
- Database : SQL Server
- 3-5 years of experience building commercial applications with strong exposure of above skills.
- BE/B.Tech/MCA degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent.
- Understanding and prior experience developing and designing client facing software systems.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong negotiation and influence skills.
- Ability to manage risk appropriately.
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent technical written and verbal communication skills.
WHAT WILL YOU GET?
You will be part of a rapidly growing Australian-based global company. You will be part of a team who are experts in enterprise data management, working in a company that has a 20-year history of delivering valuable client solutions.
You will have the opportunity to take your experience and skillsets to new levels We are an inclusive organisation that respects diversity and is supportive of flexible work practices. The contribution of our people is our greatest asset – we appreciate that and continually strive to provide an environment that encourages autonomy, mastery and purpose.