A global tube-packaging company headquartered in Mumbai in India. A specialty packaging manufacturer of laminated plastic tubes for the FMCG and Pharma space. The facilities cater to diverse categories that include brands in Beauty & Cosmetics, Pharma & Health, Food, Oral and Home, offering customized solutions through continuously pioneering first-in-class innovations in materials, technology and processes.
- Huge Master Data due to growing product lines.
- Existing SAP system has not been meeting the MDM needs.
- Non- Collaborative working environment.
- Submission to create Material Master from multiple plant locations in Excel sheet to the Central IT team that leads to numerous Master Data redundancy.
- Accurate Master Data required as APO is being used extensively as their production planning tool.
- Historical Mass Uploads resulted in inconsistent data quality.
- External Material Number logic along with running serial number.
- Excel Sheet being used to upload and change the master data and Materials being assigned to wrong material group.
- No approval process and real time business validations in place.
- Extensive User Trainings, to make users familiar with ERP environment.
By implementing MDO, client is now able to:
- Workflow Approval system.
- Master Data description based on client specific product and business rules.
- Class and Characteristics value maintained as per the material group.
- AUOM values maintained as per the defined Class and Characteristic.
- Input of master data information from respective users with a decentralized approach.
- Single Master Data Management system across the entire organization.
- Customization of the fields and Role based access.
- Mass Extension, Change, Upload using the MDO templates.
- Elimination of data duplication and multiple entry.
- Fully integrated on real time with SAP.